Innovators go way beyond just who you read about on Magazines, Wikipedia, or see on Oprah or CNN. Innovators can even be your next door neighbor! An innovator doesn’t have to be a self-made billionaire who built their company with their blood, sweat, and tears. Just look around you,
INNOVATORS are those that are able to build an attractive installment in their backyard from scratch with only the tools given!
INNOVATORS are those that decide to build a park in their neighborhood designed for the comfort of the local residents
INNOVATORS are those that come home from a long day of work and decide to cook a new recipe with just the ingredients in their fridge and cupboards!
What makes these INNOVATORS stand out from traditional INNOVATORS performing similar activities are their abilities to be able to sell their creations and innovations to the public!!
INNOVATORS can be:
- Stay-at-home moms
- Children with disabilities
- The co-worker you secretly underestimate
- The girl next door
- A McDonalds’ cashier
Even you could be an innovator!! The question is what kind of innovator are you? Apparently there are five types of innovators out there! They are:
- Movers and Shakers(People at the top such as CEOs, who are constantly pushing their team members to deliver on projects or get things done!)
- Experimenters(Perfectionists who do whatever it takes to deliver on an assignment or initiative)
- Star Pupils(Experts at branding themselves, as well identifying the right mentors that can propel them to a path of success)
- Controllers(Those individuals who mobilize their troops to get a project done!)
- Hangers-On(People that remind their team of the reality behind pushing a business idea to creation)
I find these to be very interesting. I’d say that I’m more of an experimenter as I’m constantly fiddling around with new ideas, and then once I come up with an idea or solution that is proven to work I don’t give up until I pull through. Steve Jobs, on the other hand, was more of a Mover and Shaker, as was known to be prickly towards his co-workers and partners only so things could get done!
Here is the article on the Five Personalities of Innovators: http://www.forbes.com/sites/brennasniderman/2012/03/21/the-five-personalities-of-innovators-which-one-are-you/2/
What kind of innovator are you? For the next post I plan on coming up with a poll for you all! Stay tuned!