I’ve been wanting to post this for a long time: Mark Cuban is one of the greatest entrepreneurs in my eyes and is finally gaining the spotlight!
The owner of the 2011 NBA World champions, Dallas Mavericks, and a shark investor on ABC’s hit television series, Shark Tank, this $2.4 billion mogul explains how he reached the top, including what sacrifices he had to make, and what lessons he learned from having horrible bosses.
You can read all about it over here:
- Made sacrifices early in his life by driving an old car that required an oil change every 60 miles, splitting a three bedroom apartment with several other roommates, and piling his clothes and other belongings in one small corner
- Was always entrepreneurial since his days working at Mellon Bank at Pittsburgh
- Would always take matters into his own hands and bypass the CEO of the company on sales he had made on his own(This belongs to the category of taking risks)
- Follows the mantra “Sales cures all”
- Started his first company, Micro Solutions, which grew into a company generating $30 million in revenue
- Sold Micro-Solutions to CompuServe, and then found another company called AudioNet, which later became Broadcast.com
- Purchased the Dallas Mavericks basketball organization
The key fundamentals here overall for Cuban or for any entrepreneur is that you must be willing to face setbacks and embrace risk. This is exactly how Mark Cuban got to where he is and this is precisely how you can get to where you’d like to go in life!
Overall I’d have to say that Mark Cuban has become one of my favorite entrepreneurs because of his ability to go that extra mile in making a sale and in embracing risk! And Mark Cuban is also a perfect example of how we should all learn from our mistakes when we’re young!! I do intend to reference Mark Cuban in future posts so be on the lookout.
Is there an entrepreneur that you have tremendous respect for? What are your thoughts on Mark Cuban? And what kind of sacrifices are you making or risks are you taking in achieving your goal? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below and please like this post! Thank you 🙂